Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

My dad got me a great card for Mother's Day.

It reads, "Do you have difficulty falling asleep? Do you get less than 6 hours sleep per night? Do you wake up feeling exhausted? Then you might be experiencing....motherhood."

Inside, my dad wrote these words to me,"The tough times, and yes I know there are tough times, will fade in your memory...really. The sacrifice of yourself will pay handsome dividends in the future. That's when your children will rise and call you blessed."

And that's what it is, isn't it? A scarifice of YOURSELF. Not just your time, your energy, your desires, etc. It is ALL of you, ALL of the time. You never stop thinking about your children. Even when you get to take a break away from them or indulge yourself in a nap...they are still on the forefront of your mind. The list of things to do (usually FOR your kids) is constantly running through your head.

And I still wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am so blessed to be a mommy to McKenna, Brooklyn & Josiah. I adore them. I love their little faces (snot, dirt and all) and am thrilled with their little lives.

For those of you reading, please take a moment to pray for all the mommies out there who have lost a child in the last year. Lori Coble & Adrienne Graves immediately come to mind. All of our military moms who lost children in combat recently. The moms who lost students at Virginia Tech. And I'm sure each of you know someone as well. Pray for them as this will be one of the hardest days of their lives.

To all of my mommy friends---have a blessed day! You are a blessing to my life and I receive so much encouragement, faith, love and inspiration from each of you.

1 comment:

testglobaltraffic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.