Thursday, January 10, 2008

God's Gift

I figured you were tired of reading about Delta, so I thought I'd write this separate.

What has been so incredible about this job is how God has orchestrated ALL of it.

Everyone has asked me how I found this job. My only response has been, "God gave it to me."

Most airlines only have part-time and full-time. Many people get hired on as full-time and then give their shifts away to accommodate their lives at home. But, they run the risk of getting stuck with unwanted shifts. This 8-hour a week deal is pretty much unheard of in the industry.

Most airlines have an extended (2 weeks) training out of state...usually in their hub.
Because this is a "below part-time status" position, they only required a 4 hour orientation locally...on site.

Apparently, 135 people applied for this position. 5 were hired.

Many of my girlfriends immediately wanted to know how to apply for this job. It really is perfect for stay at home moms. The job did not exist on the Delta website. I looked and couldn't find it. In fact, it didn't even show that Delta existed in Denver. When I asked a supervisor about it, they said it is only listed while the job is available. When I applied, the listing was only online for 3 days.

Typically, the airlines will only look at applications that have a resume included. When I was randomly filling out online applications, I did not have a resume put together. So I just left it blank. Remember, I wasn't looking to get a job now, but much farther in the future. When I was doing my orientation, Mary, the supervisor that hired me, said, "Yeah, I remember reading your application. I cracked up because in the notes section for your resume you put: Stay at home mom. Will submit resume later."

So, all I can say, is I did NOTHING to get this job. It was all God, and I am so grateful. We are hoping this will enable us to keep in close relationship with family and friends in SoCal. Not to mention, ever give us the opportunity to travel a little and vacation from time to time. :)

No comments: