Saturday, October 20, 2007

Funny Things Kids Say

A couple humorous encounters with my kiddos.

Just now, I was sitting on the couch watching morning cartoons with Josiah and Brooklyn. We all just woke up like 20 minutes ago so we're all still a little foggy. Josiah was trying to "love" on Brooklyn which is intense body slamming at best. Brooklyn started in on a wild whine and cry. I comforted Josiah, telling him that Brooklyn was a little grumpy for not wanting his precious hugs.

Brooklyn piped in with, "I'm not grumpy."

Me: "Yeah, you're being a little grumpy."

B: "That's from Snow White."

It took me a minute to realize what she was saying. She thought I was calling her Grumpy, as in one of the seven "doors".

Me: "You're right. Grumpy is from Snow White, but you are being grumpy and grouchy this morning."

B: "No, I'm being Dorothy!"

I cracked up....yes, she is being Dorothy for Halloween, lest anyone forget.

THEN....

(this portion involves bathroom humor, so if you can't handle it....leave now)


Last night, after I put the kids to bed, I was downstairs doing this and that. I hear the toilet seat go up and I hear grunting. I go to the bottom of the stairs and see the light on in the bathroom. I think, this had better be for real, as Kenna often comes up with unique reasons to be out of bed. I have my gruff "go to bed" voice ready.

Me: "McKenna? Are you ok?"

McKenna: "Yeah. I just have to go p.u. (a.k.a. bowel movement}

I climb up the stairs, awaiting the inevitable question of "mom, can you wipe?"

Me: "Do you need me to wipe?"

McKenna: "Its still making its way."

Me: "Making its way?!"

At this point, I'm doubled over in laughter that my daughter refers to her bowel movement as "making its way" I stand in the doorway laughing for a couple minutes. I go back downstairs and tell her to let me know when it has made its way.

So funny, these kids.

No comments: