Saturday, December 22, 2007

1st Annual Cookie Party

So I did something HUGE, and threw a cookie decorating party for about 45 people on Sat, Dec 8th!

My friend, Mary Bouma, does this every year and we have been going to this for probably 5 years. As December neared, I couldn't imagine the month without the infamous sugar cookies, divine frosting and unending supply of decorations.

She agreed to share her secret family recipe with me so that I could host the Colorado version of her cookie party.

Well, I made about 24 dozen cookies during the course of the week. I had a lot of help from my cookie elves as well as from the Teague's.

It was an open house all day and we had a slew of friends and neighbors drop in for some sugary fun.

Julie, our pastor's wife, noted that 5 months ago the only people we knew were the Teague's. And here we were, able to have 40 something new friends in our home. Wow! We are extremely grateful for the awesome people that God has brought into our lives that we get to share life with.

It was quite the party, and as much work as it was, I am definitely planning to do it again next year...with a few tweaks. :)

(And yes, all the photos are of the kids. There were actually adults present, but everyone just wants to see the kids....)









No comments: