Saturday, December 22, 2007

Papa Came to Town

As I mentioned, my dad came to town for the weekend which was loads of fun. Besides our wild tree adventure, we went to the Butterfly Pavilion which is always a good time.


Papa read books and books and more books to the kids. They LOVED it! And he was a dreamy guest as he got up at the crack of dawn with Josiah every morning (yes, my little love bug is still getting up around 5:30 everyday!!!) And by the time I came down the stairs, the coffee was made, the dishwasher unloaded, Josiah was happy playing toys or reading books with Papa...and the TV had never been turned on! :) Amazing.



And one night, we had a lovely evening out on the town. We got a babysitter for Josiah, and my dad took John and I and the girls out to dinner. We went to one of our new favorite restaurants, La Sandia, in the Stapleton area. We had such a nice night. We then went and played at Outdoor World, which the girls refer to as the "animal store" due to the fact that there are literally hundreds of stuffed wildlife all around the store. It freaks me out to no end and I forget the rest of the country (outside of CA) actually takes part in the whole hunting/gaming stuff.

Anyway, the girls love climbing the stairs, looking at the aquarium, hiding in the tents, sitting in the camo furniture, etc. And they do have a Starbucks inside, so I can't complain too much.

And my dad brought Christmas presents for all of us so we also partook in a bit of unwrapping mayhem. Very fun.





It is always special when our parents come to visit. Its just fun getting to share a bit of our new life with them.

No comments: