Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hey, Griswald, where are you going to put that tree?

For those of you who have seen the movie, I'll let you answer that. :)

The 1st weekend in December, my dad, came out for a quick visit. Deb wasn't able to come, so Papa came solo and did a great job!





We had a fantastic visit and filled it with all sorts of fun things, including a trip to Golden to cut down our very own Christmas tree. It wasn't picture perfect by any means, but fun enough that we'll attempt it again next year.

We drove up with about 6 other families for this very "outdoorsy" adventure. Once we got there, it was a steep hill covered in snow...I didn't know if we were going to make it some of the time. John had Josiah on his back, my dad carried Brooklyn, McKenna was made for hiking and I brought up the rear hanging on to every tree limb or sturdy growth from the ground I could find! We trooped around the top looking for the perfect tree. Well, I'm not exactly good at visualizing the potential in something. I knew it would be fine once inside the house with decorations and such. So when John said he liked one, I was content.



Until we got it home and I really looked at it. Holy cow! There is no way that thing is going to fit in our house.

Turns out, it didn't. John had to cut off 4 ft and that left us with an 11ft Christmas tree. Its pretty awesome.



So we have a fun Colorado tradition under our belt...it was definitely more fun than the drive to Home Depot. :)

No comments: