Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oh yeah, Thanksgiving

Yep, haven't blogged about that yet....

Well, my brother Mark and his new bride, Jaclyn made the drive out here for Thanksgiving. They also brought along their "baby" Chandler, a King Charles Spaniel. We had an incredible week!


It snowed the day before Thanksgiving so we had a blast in the snow.



Thanksgiving was lots of fun. It was my first time getting to host a meal at my favorite time of year. Of course, amidst the preparations and such I completely forgot to take a picture of our time together. Boo! And a family friend, Bambi, who lives in Englewood, was able to join us for the day.

We had lots of fun together eating, sharing our blessings and I was able to honor John in a special way. A dear friend shared this Thanksgiving tradition with me. Prior to the meal, she sets out a special plate (ours is the Red "You are special today" plate)and then informs the honoree that that is their setting. Then she takes a moment prior to eating, to share with everyone why this person is special to her.

So, I don't always get to honor John in front of others, so it was cool to be able to tell him how he blesses my life and why I am so thankful for him.

The other CRAZY news is that Mark and Jacs spent several days that week house hunting. And, on Tuesday night, they signed a contract for a home that is literally 1 1/2 blocks away from us!!!!! It still seems unbelievable. So they will be moving here in late April/early May to join us as Colorado residents.


We are thrilled to have some family nearby and excited at what God has in store for all of us!

No comments: