Monday, April 21, 2008

Random Gifts

So this whole trusting God completely with our finances, has been amazing.

The goal right now is to get out of debt...completely and forever. We are on a great plan and should be completely debt-free (except for our mortgage) in about 26 months....maybe less!

I've been grocery shopping somewhere new....its not the nicest store nor is it in the nicest neighborhood. But, I like it nonetheless. I'm also finding amazing deals on groceries.

Like...free bread. Yep, free. They have this lovely "reduced to quick sale" rack of breads and such and every week I get 2-3 loaves of bread--free. And its GOOD bread. And its cool, because in Colorado it takes weeks, if not a month or more, for bread to go stale! So I just throw the bread in the freezer and I'm good to go. Or the week that eggs were down to $1 a dozen. Not because they were bad, but because they overstocked them. Same for yogurt and milk. Someone is messing up on ordering, but we sure are benefiting!

Or the referral thank you gift card to Williams-Sonoma that our realtor gave us a couple of days ago. Or the Starbucks card my mother-in-law sent as a "just because" present. Or the hostess giftcards we received to Lowe's and Target. All of these are places I LOVE, but are not places that are currently in our budget.

I even got a Free Panty gift card (Up to $7.50 value) from Victoria's Secret in the mail today! Hello? When was the last time I got new panties...let alone free?

Or the extra $100 I got from Delta as a "shared reward" for hitting all of our targets in March. I only worked 32 hours and yet I'm benefiting from what has been done all over the country! (Sadly due to taxes and what not, I really only saw about $47.)

I honestly can only see God in this. It is not coincidence or luck or karma or anything like that. God cares about the details in our lives. He longs to provide for us and to show us compassion.

We are becoming stewards of God's resources. We are actively attacking the debt that has pulled us away from what God wants for us. We are working hard to remove the obstacles that keep us from doing that which we want to do....like living out the generosity that is in our hearts.

It is exciting! And I can't wait to see what God will do next or how He will transform our hearts and our perspectives over the course of this time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His faithfulness!!! And even when we are unfaithful, He is faithful. But, praise God you are in faith and being faithful during this stretching season!!!!!! I LOVE your blog, girlie girl (I can call you that because of your new panties!)
MUCH LOVE,
Mary Britton

Anonymous said...

HEY! looking for a new entry . . . uh huh!!! Had to read John's ER blog, and though it was QUITE ENTERTAINING I still find myself longing for more of yours, HELLO?
Mary Britton

Anonymous said...

I'm curious what kind of panties you got?! Just kidding! I am just now catching up on your blog when I should be cleaning. :) Hope all in well in sunny So. Cal! I saw that you decided to join your hubby and girls.