Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tia & Mrs. Dybas

a.k.a. Kathy Carey and Linda Dybas.

This past weekend we had very special visitors from Long Beach. Some of you know our history with them and there is no way to tell the whole story here.

Linda was McKenna's preschool teacher last year in Long Beach. I have known her since high school as I used to carpool with her children. She blessed me to no end as she brought McKenna home from preschool everyday since Josiah was a newborn and Brooklyn barely 2. Kathy is the mother of one of my best friends, Melissa, although we have developed our own relationship since John and I got married. Kathy has invested in me and our family in NUMEROUS ways, one being my cooking mentor! They are both godly women who share such a unique friendship with one another and with God. I am always blessed by their wisdom and love.

Anyway, they were here for 4 days and we had a blast. We hit up the Butterfly Pavillion, Casa Bonita, Barr Lake State Park and Nature Center and had lots of fun here at home. I had to work Saturday night and awoke to all of the kids laundry washed and folded!!! Wow!

They got to enjoy a drop by visit from our pastors, Keith and Julie, where we laughed and shared popcorn. They were able to go to church with us and meet many of our friends and see what a healthy and God-honoring church we are attending.

We had a LOVELY visit and I can't wait for them to come again!!!!

(Pictures to come as soon as I figure out iLife '08!)

No comments: