Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Comeback Pile

Ladies, have you heard of this before? Has your husband ever referred to the "comeback pile"? I was shocked to find out it existed this morning.

Here's how the coversation went:

Me: "So are you going to wear that orange vest today?" (This was in reference to a very old orange sweater vest we found when cleaning out our closets yesterday.)

John: "I had thought about it."

Me: "Too bad you don't have those old orange pants to wear with it." (John had a pair of orange nylon warm-up pants that I hated and he actually wore them to our wedding rehearsal!!)

John: "I still have them."

Me: "What?! No you don't! You haven't worn them once since we've been married."

John: "They're in the comeback pile."

Me: I must admit, I'm a bit timid to speak. Scared to think of what else I thought was gone for good that might actually be residing in the comeback pile. "Hmmm. Sounds like your wife might need to intercede on behalf of your wardrobe."

John: "You don't know where it is. It is secured very safely." And he walked out of the room.

So now I'm terrified of what really is in there. And when John might bust out with a torn and ragged shirt or perhaps the hideously obnoxiously bright orange pants.

So for those of you who think you have control over your husband's wardrobe....beware of the comeback pile. It is lurking somewhere.....

No comments: