Monday, April 23, 2007

Grieving

I am crying like crazy right now and can't seem to stop.

I can't go into all the details, because I don't know all of them and what I do know is horrifying.

John had a patient the other night. A little 2 1/2 year old boy was brought in...dead. John said it looked like he had been beaten to death. And that his body was so bruised and broken that it had obviously been going on for quite some time.

He found out tonight that Child & Family Services had interviewd the older 2 siblings (4 & 6) and they admitted to seeing their mom beat this little boy on other occasions.

The mom.

I don't even know what to say or think. But I felt I had to grieve this little boy's life because I didn't know if anybody else would.

I'm outraged. I'm terribly saddened. I'm speechless. I'm horrified.

I can't believe this still goes on. In this country. In this state. In this area! We have every resource available to us, and yet its not enough. These senseless tragedies!

Lord, have mercy on us.

What do I do? How do I respond to this?

For now, I'm going to keep crying. Then I'm going to get in bed with Brooklyn and hold her.

No comments: