Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wedding

So, my little brother Mark got married on Good Friday to Jaclyn. It was beautiful. Mark was as cute as he can be. (Can little brothers ever grow out of "cute"?) Jaclyn was gorgeous and calm!

Josiah was hysterical in his little tux and my princesses looked adorable in their flower girl dresses. And since there were 6 flower girls there was no pressure on McKenna. But, the big girls befriended her and she did her duties like a champ! (Of course, she wouldn't smile or even look at the camera for most shots so there is a long blond in every picture that HAS to be McKenna!)

My husband got to get all dressed up in a tux as a groomsmen and it was so fun to see him in his handsome attire. What is it about tuxedos?!

To see more pictures, click on the Yates Family link to the right. There are a lot!!!

I was emotional and teary from watching my brother make one of the most important committments he'll ever make and crazy and frantic from watching my kids. Wow, they were a handful. If it isn't a CLOSE family member, I recommend NOT taking 3 small children to a wedding. Seriously. Wow. I have never been more ready for an alcoholic beverage.

And it was great fun to see all of my dad's family from Texas and New Mexico. Once we move, we will be a 5 hour drive to Taos, NM and plan to do some weekend trips out there to visit. And we got to see a lot of old friends we don't hardly ever see anymore. They all got a kick out of seeing me with three children.

McKenna's favorite part was watching everyone dance silly. Brooklyn really liked the grilled steak and mushroom skewers...she was really hungry. And Josiah just loved being passed around all night and cuddling with anyone who would hold him.

Overall, quite a beautiful and successful night!

Congrats Mark & Jacs!!!





1 comment:

Abi T. said...

Everyone looks so BEAUTIFUL. I can't believe the wedding is already here and gone.

I think I will DIE when either of my siblings gets married. There is a part of me that still imagines them as 13 and 10 - that's too YOUNG to get married!

Congrats, big sis, on making it through the big day sans alcohol (right??)!

Love you.