Friday, April 27, 2007

Pet Peeve

Ok, its 9:39 in the morning and I'm finally getting around to making my coffee.

I've been preoccupied with changing diapers, getting kids dressed, feeding them breakfast, unloading the dishwasher, cleaning up from breakfast, ending arguments, building block towers, putting Josiah down for a nap, moving the pack-n-play, unloading the dryer and starting a new load of wash, etc. (Of course, I"M still in pajamas and haven't even brushed my teeth OR my hair yet....)

So I go in to FINALLY make my coffee. I'm looking forward to sitting down with a cup and reading my Bible and journaling for about 15 minutes before I get back to the craze.

The brewing comes to an end and I can already taste my little inidulgence.

And then it happens. I go to pull the carafe away from the coffeemaker and I see it...coffee grinds on the lid.

NOT TODAY, I think. I lift up the lid and yes....the stupid filter folded over.

I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

So, not only do I have to redo the whole set-up process, but those were my last ground beans. Now I have to grind up new ones. All of this resulting in 10 more minutes until I can have coffee.

I know that isn't forever. But in my schedule, I probably won't get those back. And turns out, as I'm typing now, I can hear Josiah waking up. So I can forget the sweet break I had envisioned.

BUMMER.

1 comment:

April Spicer said...

Sweetie, I hear ya. I can completely see how that is one bummer of a morning. I do the same thing.....it drives me nuts that all I want to do is get up and make coffee and sit and read while Noah watches cartoons, and instead, all those things you mentioned seem to be calling my name first. Unloading the dishwasher within minutes of waking up has got to be the most annoying thing ever. And I only have 2 mornings a week that I don't rush off to work, so you can imagine how even more annoying that is. Anyway, cheers to your pet peeve. I hope you were still able to have that cup..........eventually. Love ya!